Wednesday, 1 September 2010

The horde, they clamour!

I’m really supposed to be doing my art coursework, but the blog needed something new, so I thought I’d attempt to do some drawing. These are some pathetic attempts on Paint without using a tablet.

This is Bustin’ Beaver. He’s a cool new pop star. I mean, you haven’t seen anything like this guy before. He’s so totally original, look at the way he’s wearing his cap. This guy is breaking boundaries.

So that’s Bustin’ Beaver. Even though, he’s like totally young, he’s still really popular. And he’s the best singer in the world, his oversized buck teeth giving him that pre-pubescent hint in his voice. He will always be cool, thanks to his legions of fans.

There would be another picture, but I like to keep my wrists in working condition (who knows, Bustin’ Beaver may make a re-appearance at some point). Unless you have been keeping away from music for a while, or just don’t care, you’ll probably guess that I’m making fun of the Canadian halfwit known as Justin Bieber.

Now, enough people have mocked him for being him. I mean, sure he’s a bit of an ass, has become quite arrogant, and has enough femininity to rival the collective homosexuality of the Scissor Sisters, but it’s just too easy.

No, I’m going after the zombie masses; Bieber’s fans. I’m extending this to any obsessed groupings of fangirls/fanboys. Seriously, what is wrong with you people? I can understand being into something, my shelves are plagued with plastic/metal models, all in various stages of completion. Some people might tell me I’m a little bit addicted to Facebook. I know far too many film quotes than is healthy.

I’m all for people being into something, but when it becomes your life it’s gone too far. There are so many experiences in life that latching yourself onto one and ignoring all others just seems like self-flagellation to me.

If you couldn’t go without something for a week, then you have a problem. I mean, I could go without the internet for a week. It’d be hard, and I’d miss people I can only speak to on there, but I’d cope. It makes me weep for the future of the human race when I hear the banshees clamouring for their ‘hawt’ superstar. They’re missing out on so much, purely because this over-hyped commercial ‘singer’ has affected them to such a degree.

It isn’t just music stars personalities. While this is a very obvious target, and it seems like I’m picking on teenage girls, the same rabid madness can be seen in the followers of the Twilight series (yes, fangirl, they may call it a Saga, but it doesn’t deserve that title at all). The amount of stories I have seen about rabid Twihards attacking sane logical people amazes me.

I mean, I could understand if the author could actually write, but come on. It seems mediocrity is the thing to be obsessed about these days, while true talent lies by the wayside...

I could rant about either of these things for a lot longer, and probably will do in the future, but I feel I’m becoming intensely boring, and don’t want to drive you away. I mean, you mean a lot to me. Don’t leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment